Are you making the most of social media? If not, you should be. There’s a lot of reasons why, but in this post, I list 10 ways social media will benefit an underdog!
Most people who know me know that I can be a party pooper. It is in my melancholy temperament. I can find almost anything wrong with anything! Yet, even though social media has its downsides, the unrelenting optimist in me knows it is has some really great benefits.
Below are 10 ways you should be using social media.
- Almost everyone’s on it. If you are looking to build a business or a platform, chances are your customers use social media.
- Use it as a sounding board. Got a great idea, use social media to survey your friends or family on whether your idea is worth the risk.
- Be in the know. I will admit, I need to read the paper more. What’s great is that all the major news sources have social media profiles where they release news alerts.
- Get to know your audience. Social media allows you to learn what your audience likes. Follow the people you want to reach and learn about their preferences.
- Be nosey. Your competitors and people who are doing what you want to do are probably on social media. Find out what their up to.
- Promote your product or service. Social media allows you to generate a grassroots promotional campaign as well as targeted paid advertising.
- Find resources. Social media is great for networking. I’ve met some great people who I’ve worked with using social media.
- Give resources. As with all things, social media is not meant for you to become a taker. “Take a little, give a lot” should be your motto.
- Connect people. One of the best ways to add value to a relationship is by introducing your contact to a person of interest. Know people? Connect people.
- Stay in touch. I was contacted by a client I had over 4 years ago to do some work. In that time, we maintained contact using social media.
- Find jobs. There was supposed to be 10 but I thought, not everyone is an entrepreneur, so I added this. I’ve heard about individuals who have secured awesome jobs via contacts met through social media.
This list could go on and on. My hope is that you get the point. A lot has been written about the benefit of social media. These are two books I’ve benefited from reading:
Question:How have you harnessed the power of social media?